12 January 2010

Snow, snow, snow....

I've never ever seen a lot of snow.

When I was young, my family once took a holiday to the Australian 'Alps', via Canberra (where I have the distinct memory of swimming in a pool when the air temp was just 3 degrees - I can't remember why I thought it would be a good idea, though). We played in the snow, took the chairlifts up the mountain, but didn't actually ski.

Sitting in a Paris house, I'm now looking at more snow on the ground here than I did on our humble Aussie mountains.

It has been a freezing winter in Europe - temps down to -20 where it normally never gets anywhere near half that cold. Ironically, I went up to the Alpes to go skiing at Val Thorens and it was only -10!

There is plenty of ice, snow, slush and the white sky blends into slopes of the distant hills. It's very pretty but reminds you why people love to live in Queensland!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP