17 February 2012

Last week in Mexico - Intensive Spanish

The Gang (from right to left): Cass - Human Dustbin, Martin - they call him Él Crappo, Mel - The Muso, Brooke - Queen B, Hannah - Michael Jackson's adorable love child, Evette - Xena Warrior Princess, Bec- SingStar, Callie - ¡DANZA KUDURO!

It´s a few days after the course has finished and one by one, almost everyone has gone home. Today Mel is leaving and then it will just be Brooke and I, then on Friday she goes and it will just be me...and my hubby who has come to volunteer/travel with me for 2 months.

I can honestly say that I have never known a group of people to get on so well in such a short space of time and with so many different personalities involved. We worked hard but we played hard. We created memories that will last a lifetime and have already arranged a post-course catch up for Easter - I´m just hoping I can get there as I will only have been back in Australia for 2-3 days by then!

The last week was typically crazy, everyone did really well with their exams and we celebrated Aussie-style, dancing up a riot in our favourite club Black (poor Evette whacked her head on a speaker trying to dance on a chair, she has a battle-scar to remember Mexico by). We all ate far too much food because we were trying to get in as much as possible before leaving and there was some crazed buying at the markets, plus some just wandered around the Zocalo checking out the energy for one last time. I managed to dance to some Zumba in the main square as part of the city´s health drive - FUN!

There have been lots of laughs and a few tears at the airport, but we know this is not ´Adios´, merely ´Hasta Luego´.

There´s lots of love within this group and I can´t wait to see them all again x



Callie Barrett is participating in our January 2012 Intensive Spanish program at La Salle University, Mexico. Callie is about to enter into her 4th year of a
Bachelor of Arts (double degree in Spanish and English) at Flinders University.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP