24 July 2012

An Experience of a Lifetime



They say that being alone is when you truly find yourself. Coming to the US, I had so many emotions that engulfed me and one of them was that I was scared. I was just about to be far from my family, from help and from my comfort zone. When I arrived, I was amazed at how comfortable I instantly became with the other students, the group became my family and my friends. I am still puzzled by this as I am usually an introvert, I guess its life’s way of making one adapt.


The experience I have had here would never measure to any. Just when I thought I knew who I was and what I wanted, life changed. This experience has opened new horizons for me. A word of advice for other travelers is; go with an open mind, try new things and open your eyes to new experiences. As Jerry Gillies stated, “You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need."

Sally Mukii is participating on our New Media for Business and Digital Marketing in the USA. Sally is completing her Bachelor of Law and Marketing at at the University of Canberra.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP