03 July 2012

Three days til an English Summer!


I keep swinging between excited and stressed out of my mind. On one hand; I've wanted to study literature in the UK for years and can't wait to explore Cambridge, attend my classes and get myself back to the British Museum. On the other hand; what if my essay isn't as good as I wanted it to be? What if the work load is too much? I have my paperwork sorted but what if I run into a problem at UK Customs? My thoughts run in circles. But let's say everything is fine (which it probably will be).

What am I looking forward to the most?

- Attending dinner at St Catherine's college
- Hoping to catch the Olympic Torch Race as it passes through Cambridge
- Accomplishing my mission of locating a University of Cambridge jumper (perfect souvenir)
- The Shakespeare course I'll attend in my first week
- Making new friends

I'm getting excited just writing this! Three days until I fly out of Sydney and I'm checking the online common room pages constantly for new information. I figure the weather will be about the same as it is in Sydney at the moment and definitely warmer than it has been in Canberra lately. I've experienced an English winter, and English summer will no doubt be an interesting experience. As will the entire trip.

Note To Self: Take a lot of photos

Liz


 Ashleigh Elizabeth South is participating in our Cambridge Literature Summer School in the UK. Ashleigh is completing her second year of a Bachelor of Writing at University of Canberra.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP