23 December 2011

North Carolina here we come! Teacher Education Blog with Louise Kimpton


This is going to be Louise's uni for 3 weeks

Saturday 17 Dec. 11

Today is the day. The two-week countdown begins, as does the realisation of how much I need to organise and the apprehension of sitting on an aeroplane for around 18 hours. Oh yeah, and the panic that I am not going to get enough money together!

It’s difficult being a uni student. There never seems to be enough time to fit in enough work between studying to afford a holiday. For the last four weeks I have been away on a compulsory out of area professional experience, which means five weeks without pay. Ouch! I’ve just gotten back and am working around 15 hours a day between two jobs to try and save as much money as I can.

Somewhere between working and sleeping, I have been trying to find enough time to organise everything I need! At the moment I have about eight Word documents opening, each waiting to be copied so I can take with me. They have been on my desktop for about a week now. I’m sure I’ll get around to it before I go. At least I know where my passport is…

I am really looking forward to spending Australia Day in the USA. Some of us going on the trip have been talking about how we may celebrate the day, and I think it may involve Vegemite and lots of Australian temporary tattoos. I hope the Americans are ready to be branded!

Anyway, it’s taken me about a week to write this blog since I am so busy at the moment, so now it’s actually at the one-week count down until I leave and I can’t wait! I just have to get through Christmas, Boxing Day and New Years and it will be time to go.

North Carolina, here we come!

Louise Kimpton is participating in our January 2012 Teacher Education and Practice Program at UNCC, North Carolina. Louise is going into her 4th year of a Bachelor of Teaching (Primary)/Arts degree at the University of Newcastle.

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP