12 January 2012

Bonjour from Paris - International Business and Advertising blog with Savannah Lorenzin



Bonjour everyone!

I write this blog post from the comfort of my cushy apartment room looking out to the Eiffel Tower in Paris! Yippee! I have come here a week early with a friend who is about to embark on a Contiki tour and so far it has been incredible. Well, to be honest it has all felt surreal being here as I thought this time would never come. So during these crisp days it feels as though I am living in a wonderful dream. Everything here is so beautiful, and I am almost thankful that I wasn’t born here because I would hate to take any of these buildings for granted. The buildings that line the streets are remarkable to say the least; you just don’t see this kind of intricate detailing and regal structures in Australia.

The weather too is not as bad as what I had thought- locals have even said that these are nice winter days. While the air has a definite nip to it, it has not rained or snowed yet (I don’t know if I am happy or sad about this, I have never seen snow before!) So exploring the windy streets of Paris all day is a breeze.

As far as organisation and packing goes, I was very relaxed about it. As long as you have your passport, flights and travel insurance booked - you’re fine. I did however pre-book a seat on the train from the Montparnasse station in Paris to the Tours station and that was easy enough to do on the website given to us in the AIM pre-departure package.

One thing I would have to say is not to pack too much clothes, especially girls! While I was packing the night before I had to leave, I just basically put all my winter jumpers and long-sleeve tops in my suit case with a few coats thinking that should get me though. It would have, yet I seemed to have forgotten I was going to be in the fashion capital and the shopping here is insane! So now I have an influx of clothes, and all I want to wear is my new stuff! So pack lightly, because it won’t be so light coming home!

Au revoir, see you all soon!
Savannah


Savannah Lorenzin is participating in our January 2012 International Business and Advertising program at ESCEM, France. Savannah is going into her 4th year of a Bachelor of Management Marketing degree at the University of South Australia

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP