09 January 2012

Trois, Deux, Une … Tours! - International Business and Advertising blog with Molly Wooderson

With less than a week to go, nerves are really now starting to set in. I'm leaving the comfort of the VU Law Library behind and embarking on a new adventure. That's right! Goodbye perfectly heated library, warm Melbourne summers and home cooked meals (cooked by someone else). Hello ...freezing snow and fending for myself. Hmm, now this could be interesting.

It's been a pretty busy few weeks with summer school, Christmas, and writing memorandums (apologies to anyone I yelled at incoherently while sleep deprived). All of which hasn't really left a lot of time to stress about or plan an overseas trip. I'm definitely feeling like a deserve a holiday, but I get the distinct feeling this won't be one.

I've received my itinerary and browsed my travel guide and it's looking like we'll be kept pretty busy over the next month with both classes and the all-important sight seeing. There's so much to fit-in in such a condensed space of time.

Now, organisation is not my strong point, I've got my passport, booked my flights and organised my insurance, but as yet, that's about it. I haven't started packing, in fact, I haven't even thought about what I'll need to take. I'm probably only halfway through the process of enabling all the communication routes and ensuring that just about every person I've ever met can get daily updates on where I am and what I'm doing. Not quite, but that's what it feels like. Oh, and my best buddies at the bank do need to know everything about what I'm doing so they don't think account has been hijacked by an international banking scam. Although, I have discovered that the account fee I'm now paying for there to be no international transaction fees is lower than paying the international transaction fees caused by my online shopping addiction.

I did, however, begin my preparatory shopping in October. I tend to get excited about shopping, and an excuse like this has been really quite terrible for my bank balance. Some purchases have turned out not to be suitable for the cold climate, like the clogs I bought on the basis that they would be “really cute”. Cute, maybe, but certainly not warm enough for traipsing to uni through snow and sludge. Then came the Sorel boots. Warm, fluffy and waterproof – the cosy traveller's trifecta! AND a slightly more sensible choice.



Au Revoir! And Happy Travels x



Molly is participating in our January 2012 International Business and Advertising program at ESCEM, France. Molly is going into her 4th year of a Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Business (International Trade) degree at Victoria University

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP